Website UFP Industries
A $4.5B mfr/importer of wood and wood alternative products
CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
UFP Industries (formerly Universal Forest Products) is a $4.5 billion global leader supplying wood, decking, and wood-alternative products and accessories to customers around the world. The company has 14,000 employees worldwide and believes in creating a work environment where employees are challenged, respected, and rewarded. UFP Industries offers an excellent benefits package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and employee stock purchase programs.
This position is responsible for supporting the import operations of the company to maintain compliance with import regulations.
· Use 3rd party software to electronically transmit Importer Security Filings (ISF’s) with US Customs for import shipments.
· Review commercial documents then accurately input shipment data and electronically transmit Customs entries. Proactively follow up with shipments on Customs hold.
· Track and trace ocean shipments and update Excel spreadsheet.
· Electronically approve ACH duty payments daily.
· Communicate with UFP affiliates and vendors to obtain correct and complete information that is essential to accurately classify products, determine proper valuation, comply with recordkeeping requirements, and to timely transmit data to Customs.
· Manage various other functions essential to maintaining a strong Customs Compliance program.
· Experience filing Customs entries
· Experience in international logistics and/or Customs Compliance
Skills and abilities
· Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
· Strong attention to detail; accurate and fast data entry
· Strong organization skills; good problem-solver
· Eagerness to learn and to help others
· Good writing skills and grammar
• Excellent attendance; strong work ethic; motivated and enthusiastic; positive attitude
• Commitment to integrity and professionalism
Apply online at www.ufpi.com. Then click on Careers.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.